Mortgage Broker Responsibilities Include:
Inventing effective marketing strategies to sell services to new and current clients.
Using methods such as networking, cold calling etc. to spot opportunities and cultivate trust with potential customers.
Gauging the condition of business or individual customers and recommending services according to their requirements.
We are looking for a competitive Mortgage Broker to partake in our business development activities. You will be responsible for finding new customers, as well as promoting and selling our services.
The goal is to steadily forge long-term relationships to secure the company’s revenues and growth.
- Determining clients’ needs and financial abilities to propose solutions that suit them.
- Work with various lenders to find the best deal for a client.
- Originate loans to sell to lending institutions.
- Act as an intermediary between a lender and a borrower who need a mortgage loan.
- Evaluate pay stubs, credit history, tax information and bank statements to determine financial status.
- Work to ensure compliance with banking and/or finance laws in the jurisdiction of the consumer.
- Sell loans in the name of other organizations and businesses.
- Verify the income of the borrower as well as gather their credit information.
- Follow through with lender and client during approval process.
- Explain the legal aspects of the loan to the borrower as well as the payment terms and clauses to them.
- Define repayment terms to consumer and educate them on default consequences.
- Proven experience as a mortgage broker.
- Knowledgeable in the mortgage industry.
- Basic understanding of computers and statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to present, persuade and eventually sell.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships.
- Valid license to practice profession.
- High school or BSc degree.